Saturday, December 24, 2016

2016 Christmas Home Tour

I am dusting off the old blog! I LOVE Christmas and Christmas home decor posts are my very favorite so I figured this was the very best time to post.

We have painted nearly every room and built and refinished several pieces of furniture, and I'm just so proud of how everything has turned out.

This is Kaylee's second Christmas home, and I wanted our home to feel absolutely magical. We have had most of our home decorated since early November, but it has taken me a while to take photos of everything. This post is very photo heavy so grab a cup of hot chocolate and welcome to our Christmas home!

Earlier this year I painted every inch of our kitchen, and I'm so in love with it. The teal and white cabinets make me so happy, and I love spending time in here now.


In our kitchen I have one of my favorite vintage ornament prints hanging on the door. I added our family Christmas picture above my cutting boards and a little tray full of Christmas cheer.


I have had this adorable print for several years now. I always hang it over our coffee area because coffee IS my cup of cheer. Ha!



We LOVE decorating sugar cookies around here and gosh, do we go through the sprinkles!


In our bedroom I couldn't resist bringing in a little Christmas red and green and a bit of my favorite dark pink.


On our bedside dressers I used my much loved felt trees (tutorial here) and a few bottle brush trees. I used a lot of Christmas trees this year!


This little flocked Christmas tree is just so adorable at only 3 feet tall. It's just perfect for our bedroom. We have 4 Christmas trees this year, and I love every single one of them!


Garlands for days! That's my kind of Christmas decor. I didn't end up using these garlands anywhere else this year, but they look so festive right here.


Our teal headboard will always be my favorite. Matt carved our initials in it several years ago when we were distressing the boards. I painted it teal and love this color so much I used the same thing for my kitchen cabinets.


A few months ago Kaylee and I printed off and cut out names of Jesus tags. I pinned them to this little cork board, and it's one of my favorite projects this year.


In our hallway I hung another vintage ornament print and a Christmas tree painting Kaylee made last year.


I painted Kaylee's bedroom the perfect peachy pink last month, and I love how magical her room feels this Christmas! I hung garlands on the vintage maps above her bookcases, and this year she has her own little Christmas tree full of all the ornaments we've bought and made together. I think the little cotton ball garlands are my favorite!


Our dining room is so simple this year and I just love it. I have a canvas dropcloth table runner and several mercury glass candles. 


I switched up my ornament advent calendar a bit this year, and I really love how it turned out (tutorial here), and I hung a felt holly leaf garland in our doorway.


I added ornaments to a plain flocked wreath and hung it over my chalkboard in our dining room. 


I painted and distressed our armoire, and Matt built me the bookcases which I absolutely adore. I like to turn my books around every Christmas so the bookcases feel less busy. I gathered a bunch of little trees and placed them in this wire basket, and it makes the perfect coffee table decor since it's so easy to move!


Our stocking are hung with care. I just love little fur pom poms!


Our nativity set is on top of our bookcase this year safe and away from little hands.


I cut holly leaves out of old sheet music and wired them together to form a wreath for our armoire.


Why yes, we do have 2 Christmas trees in our living room! I didn't originally plan to do this, but we decided a couple weeks ago to get a fresh tree from a tree farm so we we have two trees. Our little family tree with all our special ornaments and lots of tinsel garland is my favorite. It's just so imperfectly perfect!


Our little "Elfin" as Kaylee calls him was hiding in her boot this morning. 


I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into our home, sweet friends! Wishing you the loveliest and merriest Christmas and a wonderful new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment